Saturday 5 June 2010

Watch what you say....

Anyone that knows my biggest baby brother knows he is a bit of a big kid.  He is 21 going on 6, which is probally why him and my daughter get on so well.  But even sometimes he can be too much for her to put up with.

Walking home from the gig that other night he was mesing around and decided he wanted to play on the park, so off he runs/skips, ahead of us all and starts palying on the swings. 
EB was quite tired at this point and a bit ratty and as he started to walk in the gate she told he no, he couldn't play as we were gong home.  He laughed and ignored her and as we caught up she yelled at him;

"Paul!  Stop fannying around"!!!!!!!!
I have never seen a look of pure shock on his face like it before he started laughing.
I attempted to tell her off for being so rude and cheeky to an adult, which wasn't easy as she was right, and everyone was in hysterics, but I managed to put a semi-stern face on and asked who she had heard it from.
And it was me!! :O  Oh the shame! 
And then it came back to me a few mornings ago, when I had been tired and ratty and she was messing me around I had told her the same :( 

Lesson learnt and I am now super careful what phrases I use around her again!

2 comments: