Monday 31 May 2010

First Live Music event

This weekend a local pub runs a "Band Day" every Bank Holiday and has numerous local bands playing all day.  I have never been but one of my friends convinced me to go as it's child-friendly and a good night.

So I decided maybe I should introduce my daughter to the world of live music as it is something I never got into until a lot later in my life.  Acutually i was 21 and I watched Blue & Liberty X, something maybe I shouldn't admit to... lol

But anyway, there was a small gathering of us at mine, and we walked down to the pub.  EB was fine going down and was happily chatting and enetertaining everyone as she does best, until we got there.
At which point she promptly bursts into tears and DEMANDS we go home!
I tried to calm her and asked why, so she responded with;  "Because the music is too loud mummy, I can't hear myself think!!" 
After fighting back the giggles and asked what was so important that she needed to think about, we were just hear to enjoy the music and dance with friends, she told me "Life, mummy!  I have to think about growing up!" 
She then proceeded to shout at me and my brother everytime we danced, scowling and standing on our feet!  She informed me that the lead singer was too noisy, she didn't like his singing and he needed to turn it down, AND then tried to go and tell him!!
She finally seemed to start enjoying herself (not the music) after about an hour, and really perked up when during a switchover they played Lady Gaga.  She was hoping that she was there in person!
Then at around 10 when I thought it best to go home she decided that she would prefer to stay and dance!!  Just tyical!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Blue was a great gig!! Ungrateful so and so!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a similar issue with Top Ender when she was smaller, but now she will always want to go even when we don't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes NM, it was a great gig, promise I wasn't being ungreatful ;) Although Rolling Stones were MUCH better! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mummy! I am hoping as she gets old we can enjoy these things together as a family, although our music tastes do differ a little x

    ReplyDelete