Friday 28 May 2010

Out of the mouths....

They say that children only speak the truth because they see no malice and speak with a pure heart.
I hope this is not true....

I started at the gym to try and shift these extra pounds that are refusing to shift.  And so I could spend an extra 10 minutes working out I went straight from the gym to do the school run.

EB doesn't often appear happy when I turn up to collect her as she is normally having too much fun to come home and do boring things such as homework, showering and bedtimes, but this time her face lit up and she came running towards me with a big hug and a kiss.
Feeling loved and very special, I gave her a snuggle and asked why I was so lucky today.
She looked at me, rubbed my tummy and said "Mummy, I am just so happy that you're having a baby"!!!!, at the top of her voice!
As the teachers turned to look I quietly told her I wasn't having a baby and question why she would think such a thing.... Silly question I know, as she then told me, "It' because your tummy is so big, it HAS to have a baby in"!

:(  Needless to say, I stepped up the gym sessions and diet!!  And thanks to the "honesty" of my daughter I have now lost 1 stone 2 lb :)

2 comments: